firmware within the Rally Clock/Timer System
has been road-tested for over a decade.
Even with such solid performance history, there are enhancements requested
that MICROCode Consulting
will provide from time-to-time.
The current version of MICROCode
Consulting's Rally Clock/Timer
System is 2.4
New in this version is the ability to reset the unit to factory settings
and to completely recalibrate the clock using a good reference timing
standard. You can purchase the upgrade or, if you have
received the upgrade, follow the installation instructions
below. The latest documentation for the
Rally Clock/Timer System can be viewed
Purchasing the TSD Rally Clock Upgrade
All current owners of MICROCode Consulting's
Rally Clock/Timer System can upgrade their unit to the latest
version. As described in the next section, it does involve the replacement
of a computer chip as described in the next section. If you are not comfortable
replacing the chip yourself, please contact MICROCode
Consulting to make other arrangements.
|TSD Rally Clock Upgrade|
$24.99 USD + $2.99 USD shipping
Performing the Upgrade
Before you start the upgrade process, ensure you are working in a clean and static-free area.
Work where there is plenty of light and where you can sit to minimize generating static electricity
that could damage the system.
- Remove power from the TSD rally unit.
- Open up the TSD unit and lay the cover fully flat to expose the electronics.
Remove any battery that might be installed.
- Identify the main chip which is socketed. Note the orientation where
there is a small identation on the end of the chip closest to the left
side of the clock.
- Using a small screwdriver carefully, SLIGHTLY
pry up one end of the chip. Then pry up the other end SLIGHTLY.
Go back and forth slowly raising each end until the chip is out of the
socket. WARNING: Be very careful to insert the screwdriver
between the chip and the socket and NOT between the socket and
the circuit board!!!
- Remove the old chip.
- Remove the new chip from its shipping package. Avoid touching the
pins as much as possible.
- Orient the chip properly (indentation end is closest to left side
of clock) and position over the chip socket properly. Each pin on the
chip should be lined up with its matching socket slot.
- Gently but firmly push the chip into the socket. The chip should
go in straight, Do NOT push down one side and then the other side
of the chip to insert it!!! WATCH CAREFULLY that pins DO NOT bend.
The chip should now be completely seated in the socket.
- Recheck that the chip is seated fully with no bent pins and is in
the correct orientation.
- Install the battery and start the TSD Rally Clock. The new version
should appear at the startup screen..